Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catch Up

Wow here it is 2009 and it has been a while since I posted. Mommy said she has received a few comments from some people. So sit back, prop your paws up, have a drink and I hope you enjoy.
Thanksgiving was great. Daddy had deep fried a couple turkeys. Oh so juicy, but I didn't get any. Mommy had the table sit and it looked fabulous. There was Grandma, Aunt Alice, Uncle Vinnie & Aunt Hazel, and Daddy. Then Mommy found out that my cousins Scott and Shawn were coming. So they all squeezed around the table. I know that Grandma really enjoyed it.

Here is Mommy getting stuff ready to start cooking.

One of the nice juicy turkeys.

Back in the 1970's, that was way before my time. Scott & Shawn's Mom Barb made this turkey platter for Grandma. She has used it when the family has turkey to serve. Mommie couldn't help but take a picture of it.


Here is everyone sitting around the table.


As most of you know Aunt Alice crochets, embroideries, and quilts....many of you have received afghans, baby quilts, and anniversary quilts from her. Well she mentioned to Daddy sometimes the light is just not bright enough. Daddy happened to be at Harbor Freight and found this light that goes around your head. She loved it. She says she uses it when she has a lot of detailed work. Mommie told her she looks like a dork!!!

When my Grandpa was living, Aunt Mary use to take Grandma & Grandpa to Chanute for Christmas dinner with his brothers & sister. Now it is hard for Grandma to travel, so they meet at Aunt Mary's house. So the Saturday after Thanksgiving Great-Aunt Anna & Bob, Great-Uncle Carl, Great-Uncle Jack & Great-Aunt Joan traveled to Aunt Mary's house. Mommy's Godmother, Theresa Best, also came. She is a first cousin to them and lives in Shawnee. They took some pictures and had a nice dinner.


Sorry I don't have any pictures of Christmas, we really didn't do anything, just lounged around and watched TV.

That is just about it for now. I will leave you with a couple pictures of me. I just love laying on the bed. Daddy caught me before Mommie could get the bed made.

No comments: