Friday, January 30, 2009

Catch Up

Wow I cannot believe it is the end of the month. Grandma is wishing for warm weather. She & Mommie talked to Uncle Vinnie a couple days ago & they had ice in Mountain View, MO. He had to drive in it. It took him about 8 hours to drive about 200 miles on Wednesday. He said he had about 3-4 inches of ice on his truck when he got back to town to park the BIG truck & head for home. On top of that ice was about 3-4 inches of snow. So it took a while to get it off so he could drive home. Aunt Hazel said the electricity flickered a couple times but did not lose power.

Then Grandma & Mommie spoke to Aunt Alice, she is VERY glad she is not working as she had ice & snow also. She did not lose power, but she said there was so much ice & snow on her driveway you could not tell where the driveway ended & the grass started. Wow that is a lot, but you know me, I would love to be out in it. I guess it is the fur I have...hehe!!!

Grandma was worried about Uncle Lyle since she heard that Shreveport was getting cold weather, so Mommie send an email to him. Well he responded....They are in Florida in 80 degree weather with the kids. I know Grandma would love that temperature, but I think I will stick with the cold weather here. I LOVE IT!!!

I think that takes care of everyone out in the bad weather.

On another note, Aunt Mary is working strange hours, 1:30pm to 10pm. Yes I said those are strange hours. Everyone here is in bed by 8:30-9pm I don't think Mommie could stay up that long. I know she said there is some good by those hours, she can go to 8:15am Mass sometimes & hit her quilting circle on Wednesday mornings.

Mommie wants me to put her 2 cents in, the Super Bowl is this Sunday....It is the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizonia Cardinals. Well she is hoping the Cardinals will win!!! At work today they had their own "Soup"er Bowl Party. I know it is a play on words..LOL!! They had 5 different kinds of soup. She said it went over well. Once Daddy downloads the pictures I will try to post some later.

Oh yeah, don't forget that Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day, will he see his shadow? I guess we will have to wait & see.

No comments: