Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Family

Well it has been a week since I posted. I thought I would do better. Randy downloaded the pictures so I have a few to show you.

First of all I want you to see a problem it seems some people are having. Squirrels~~Yes I said squirrels. It seems my niece, Amy, in Texas had a big problem, they got into her attic and chewed at her alarm system. Well thanks to her husband, Josh and her dad, Lyle, they left a jar of opened peanut butter in the attic. Here is a link to her blog...she has a very good story to tell. http://txbeasleys.blogspot.com/

Now to our problem. We have 2 shepherds hook in our front yard, so Mom can watch the birds eat out of the bird feeders. Well the squirrels has learned to shimmy up the pool and get on the bird feeders. I caught them one day


So I would open the front door and scare them away. The problem came yesterday. They were doing the same thing and I hollered at Randy. His remedy to get rid of them was to throw a pair of pliers at them. Well they got back at him. After he came back in the house, they got back up there and chewed the rope that hangs it on the hook, so now the bird feeder is on the ground with all the seed there for them. Needless to say this ticked Randy & myself off that we went out and scared the squirrels and unfortunately the birds away and said NO MORE THAT'S IT WE ARE DONE. We told the birds we were sorry that this happened but they should take it up with the squirrels.

On another note, I have a few Halloween pics, late I know, to show you.

Elissa came by with Rylie & Emily


Angela and Jay came by with Nathan and Alexis

Michael & Haley came by with Landon and Kylie

Halen & Jessica came by with Lyla and Dixie Bell




Then of course at work we had a Halloween dress up. Well I guess you could say mine is a cross between Maxine, Momma Harper, & just an old Hag

Mom really enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes and could not believe I went to work looking like this. But everyone at work got a kick out of it. And you know it was comfortable~~

Wow can you believe that Thanksgiving is coming up. Randy is going to deep fry a turkey, not sure who is going to stop by but I think I will have plenty of food to eat.
Everyone who is traveling, please have a safe trip to and from your destinations. I will say a prayer to St. Christopher for you to have a safe journey.

2 comments:

The Hoeflers said...

You should try greasing up the pole the squirrels climb up...maybe they'll slip off! ha! Love the halloween pictures...I must say your costume was my favorite! Misses and kisses!

The Beasley's said...

Those darn squirrels. As cute as they are, how can they cause so much trouble?!?! :-) I don't think my dad or Josh will EVER live down the peanut butter jar incident, ha! Your costume was fabulous, and it seriously did look comfortable...all the more reason to wear it, right?